Today it was announced that from midnight tomorrow two households could meet for social interaction for up to four hours per day when all adults have had two doses of the covid vaccine. It has this afternoon been confirmed by the AIPP (Australian Institute of Professional Photographers) that social interaction is for recreation and not commercial purposes and as such professional photography is still not permitted. While this means I can't yet resume sessions it is a significant step in the right direction and I am double vaxxed and ready to go when it is safe and permitted to do so. In the interim I hope everyone can enjoy these changes with their nearest and dearest. As always if you have any questions or concerns please don't hesitate to contact me. Stay safe and enjoy the Spring sunshine.
At the time of writing I anticipate professional photography services may not be able to resume in Melbourne until November 2021. I will continue to monitor updates on guidelines and restrictions and will contact clients as soon as there is some clarity related to the resumption of the photography industry.
When planning my Spring 2021 season I anticipated Melbourne may be in and out of lockdown. I therefore reduced the number of bookings I took for September, October and November by 20 percent. I did this pre-emptively to assist with the rebooking process and to ensure I could still offer a quality experience and product to all my clients and can complete their sessions in a timely manner.
At this point in time you don't need to do anything but if you have any concerns and want to discuss your booking please don't hesitate to contact me.
At the time of writing I do not have any time-critical maternity sessions on my calendar but do have several newborn/baby sessions which have been postponed. I hope all clients can appreciate that these sessions will be the first I will seek to reschedule upon reopening before these bubs grow any more than they already have. Once these shoots have been rescheduled I will then contact all other clients whose sessions have been postponed. If there are circumstances why you feel your session needs to be prioritised for rescheduling please contact me prior to the conclusion of lockdown.
I have a number of extended family bookings, particularly during the month of October. Once restrictions ease these sessions may continue to be impacted, depending on the number of family members participating in the session and whether it falls below the caps on outdoor gatherings. I appreciate the logistics of these session often require a high level of forward planning to ensure all households are available. If you anticipate rescheduling is going to be difficult for your family and you need several months lead time please get in contact now and we can allocate a session during the Summer season so we have an additional time slot to work with.
I am currently fully booked until the end of November. I am not taking any new bookings for December or the first half of January so that priority and access to session times can be given to those whose late Winter and Spring sessions have been impacted by lockdown 6.0.
I am acutely aware of the financial pressure many families and households are currently experiencing. I do not want a pending booking with my business to in any way add to that stress for any of my clients. If your circumstances have changed since booking or you are experiencing financial hardship please contact me. If you feel unable to proceed with photos at this time because of the invoice balance you will have due I will, upon your cancellation, refund the normally non-refundable retainer (deposit) to you. For those who wish to proceed but who are presently experiencing acute hardship I am willing to temporarily return any monies paid by you to date (whether it is a deposit or the invoice in full). I will allow you to retain your booking on my calendar and will honour the rate you booked at until 30th June 2022, with your repaying the returned monies when your session is rescheduled. I would hate to think of any family going without necessities because they have a deposit sitting, untouched, in my business bank account.
For the peace of mind of all clients I can advise I am fully vaccinated and can provide proof of such upon request.
Please look after yourselves and your families during this strange time. I am confident that when sessions resume the images and memories we capture will be even more precious than they would already be. If you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact me over the coming months. Thank you for your ongoing support and I look forward to working with you all as soon as it is safe to do so.
As part of the requirements to opening up Melbourne after many long months of lockdown, all businesses are required to have a COVID Safe Plan to keep us all safe. I will follow the guidelines issued by the Victorian Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) and update my COVID Safe Plan to reflect any changes to those guidelines. If you have any questions about my plan, please get in touch.
Business Name: Kate Cashin Photography
Completed By: Kate Cashin
Date Reviewed: 3rd September 2021
1. All meetings with clients will be held via phone or videoconference.
2. I will stay at least 1.5m away from the client(s) during the photoshoot.
3. Outdoor photography shoots will be limited to gathering limits as per current DHHS guidelines.
4. Outdoor photography locations will be selected to maximise physical distancing from other people.
5. All transactions (contracts and invoicing) will be done electronically. Delivery of images will also be done electronically unless specific physical items (such as prints and/or albums) are ordered.
1. I will wear a mask throughout the photography session, including outdoors, where social distancing cannot be maintained.
2. I will carry, and wear when required, a cleaned cloth mask or a single use mask for each session and change any mask that becomes dirty during the session.
1. Vigilant hand and cough hygiene will be maintained at all times by both the client and myself.
2. I will carry hand sanitiser at all times.
3. Clients are not permitted to touch any of my camera equipment.
4. All equipment being used for each session will be cleaned both before and after each session.
5. I will no longer be able to take photos for clients using the client's phone and/or camera.
1. The contact details of people being photographed during a session will be collected, ideally prior to the session.
2. If either I or the client(s) becomes unwell, we will get in contact to reschedule the session.
3. If I come into contact with someone with COVID-19, I will notify any clients from the previous 14 days and notify WorkSafe immediately on 132360. Likewise, if any clients from a photography session comes into contact with a person with COVID 19 within 14 days of a photography shoot, they must inform me.
1. Photography sessions will be conducted outdoors, wherever possible, and/or physical distancing will be maintained wherever possible when indoors.
2. For any sessions indoors, ventilation will be increased, wherever possible, by opening doors and/or windows.
1. As a sole operator, I will be working alone.
If you are feeling unwell and have any flu-like symptoms please let me know and I will work with you to reschedule your session to a mutually agreeable date and time.